Juegos, aplicaciones, ROMs;
todo lo que se pueda ejecutar en un Spectrum

Moderador: Sir Cilve Sinclair

Responder
zup
Freddy Hardest

¿Derby ++?

Mensaje por zup » Sab May 26, 2018 9:35 am

El otro día vi mencionado en otro foro la ROM Derby ++. En resumen, sus características son:
- Derivada de la ROM de Spectrum 128k español.
- Usa la ROM de 48k original, con lo que soluciona ciertos problemas de incompatibilidad.
- Autoload para ESXDOS.

Mis dudas...
- ¿Es una ROM para todos los 128k o solo para los +2A/+3? El fichero que me he bajado tiene 4 ficheros ROM por separado y uno de 64K (lo que indica que es para +2A/+3). Si se puede usar en un 128k, ¿qué ROMs se necesitan?
- ¿Se puede sustituir la ROM de 48k por otra de las customizadas que corrían en ese modelo? Por ejemplo, sustituirla por la OpenSE o por otra customizada como la de La Máquina Alucinante.

La verdad es que la documentación brilla por su ausencia...
I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her. Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

cheveron
Manic Miner
Contactar:

Re: ¿Derby ++?

Mensaje por cheveron » Lun Jun 04, 2018 3:35 pm

My apologies for not promoting Derby++ here directly. I've always had the strongest support for my projects from the Russian and Spanish Spectrum communities. You can get the ROMset here: https://zx.itch.io/derbyplusplus

The main feature is that it lets you use 128 BASIC with esxDOS without crashing. The 128 editor is completely rebuilt from source to prevent hardware problems with divIDE and divMMC devices. It has many other features, for example the PLAY command works in six channels if you have a TurboSound AY interface. Full details are in the manual included in the download.

To answer your questions:

The ROM is designed for 64K ROM machines. However, you can pair ROM2 (128 editor) and ROM1 (48 BASIC) for use in 32K ROM machines. In that configuration esxDOS 0.8.6 will boot to 48 BASIC in USR0 mode, but you can switch to 128 BASIC with the .128 command.

If you have a 64K ROM machine and you don't plan to use 48 BASIC you could replace ROM1 with OpenSE BASIC. You could also replace ROM0 (the diagnostic ROM) with BBC BASIC Z80. OpenSE BASIC doesn't work with the 128 Editor because the editor is very closely tied to the original ROM. You are better off sticking with the original 48 ROM.
«Dime con quién andas, y te diré quién eres» — Cervantes

Responder