Al's Spectrum Annual 2021

Noticias relacionadas con el mundo del Spectrum en general y este foro en particular. Presentación de nuevos usuarios.

Moderador: Sir Cilve Sinclair

Responder
Alessandro Grussu
Jack The Nipper
Contactar:

Al's Spectrum Annual 2021

Mensaje por Alessandro Grussu » Vie Feb 05, 2021 8:23 am

Hola a todos,
después de la recepción positiva del año pasado, publiqué mi nuevo Anuario del Spectrum.
52 páginas de reseñas de juegos, un informe sobre el Next, un artículo sobre Power Up! Action Pack, la entrevista con José Rodríguez (el autor de ZX Basic), notas de desarrollo de mis últimos juegos Funky Fungus Reloaded y Ad Lunam Plus, y anticipaciones sobre mis próximos proyectos.
El anuario está disponible en tres idiomas: italiano, inglés y español.
¡Y no cuesta ni un centavo!

Imagen

Enlace para la descarga: http://www.alessandrogrussu.it/annuario.html
Spectrumpedia, la enciclopedia del Spectrum!

Alki
rst 0

Re: Al's Spectrum Annual 2021

Mensaje por Alki » Sab Feb 06, 2021 10:18 pm

Muchas gracias, esta genial

Kyp
Sabreman

Mensaje por Kyp » Dom Feb 07, 2021 3:29 pm

Muchas gracias :D

Alessandro Grussu
Jack The Nipper
Contactar:

Mensaje por Alessandro Grussu » Lun Feb 08, 2021 12:27 am

Gracias a ustedes, que disfruten! :)

cheveron
Manic Miner
Contactar:

Mensaje por cheveron » Mié Feb 10, 2021 2:08 pm

Very nicely presented. I have a couple of observations:

* The last Rick Dickinson Spectrum design was the Vega+ (although I preferred the Solstice design study).
* Multicolor on HDMI is trivial. The ZX-Uno can do it at any refresh rate on VGA simply by scaling all the timing values.
* 2020 was a big year for ULAplus and not one mention.
* 2020 was a big year for the ZX-Uno and not one mention.
«Dime con quién andas, y te diré quién eres» — Cervantes

Alessandro Grussu
Jack The Nipper
Contactar:

Mensaje por Alessandro Grussu » Mar Feb 16, 2021 11:21 pm

To Cheveron: Thanks for taking the time of reading the Annual and for your observations, here are my answers:
1) Excuse me, but nowhere in the article it is stated that the Next was Dickinson's last design; it is only said that the last Spectrum designed by him was the 128; and the Vegas are not Spectrums, but handheld consoles that emulate the Spectrum for the strict purpose of gaming. Coming to think of it, the Dickinson Associates website seems to imply (http://theproductdesigners.com/news.html) that the Vega+ was designed before the Next. But again, this was not discussed there.
2) The article is about my personal impressions of the Next, not the ZX-Uno (also see answer n. 4).
3) Personally (no offence, I know you are involved in its development) I am not that interested in the ULAplus. I think of it rather as a sort of exotic curiosity. Maybe a couple of the games I chose to review for the Annual have a ULAplus version available, but I didn't even think about checking it to be honest. In future Annuals, I'll mention the presence of ULAplus-enhanced versions of titles released in the year for those who are interested (actually you are the first to raise the issue, no one else did before, not even last year).
4) I have no experience of the ZX-Uno so I cannot really say anything about it, at least firsthand. The Annual deals with my personal views and experiences - as stated in the Editorial since the first issue -, is primarily focused on games (those I pick for the reviews and those I made in the year and have in the making) and has no pretension to be all-encompassing. In fact, it is not "the" Spectrum Annual, but "Al's" Spectrum Annual. :)

Goody
Freddy Hardest

Mensaje por Goody » Jue Feb 18, 2021 9:00 pm

Muchas gracias, menudo curro ha debido ser.

Si me permites una sugerencia...

Los textos pensados para ser leidos en pantalla, ya sea monitor, tablet, etc. son mucho más cómodos de leer si lo distribuyes sin usar columnas ya que dichas columnas te obligan a estar desplazando la página arriba y abajo en vez de seguir una lectura lineal de siempre hacia abajo.

Haz si no la prueba de leer en el ordenador una página completa de un texto escrito con y sin columnas y verás la diferencia.
En los 80 España fue potencia mundial en la creación de videojuegos compitiendo con Reino Unido que contaba con mucha mayor infraestructura.

Alessandro Grussu
Jack The Nipper
Contactar:

Mensaje por Alessandro Grussu » Sab Feb 27, 2021 3:54 pm

Hola Goody y gracias por leer el Anuario! El texto es concebido como un homenaje a las revistas de la epoca pasada, por eso serà siempre publicado en mùltiplos de 4 pàginas y con una portada inicial y final, el sumario etc. y dos columnas. Si quisiera hacer un texto solo para leer en las pantallas de los ordenadores, lo habìa hecho desde el inicio como HTML :)

Y por todos: hoy 17.00-20.00 directo sobre el canal Youtube de Javi Ortiz "el Spectrumero" de discusiòn a propòs del Anuario. Se hablarà de juegos, Next, ZX Basic y màs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhFAUrqP9f4

cheveron
Manic Miner
Contactar:

Mensaje por cheveron » Vie Mar 05, 2021 6:46 pm

The observations were just that. I wasn't expecting a response, but since you took the time allow me to respond to your response.

1) What is and isn't a Spectrum is entirely a matter of opinion. Do the Timex models count? Do unofficial clones count? Do the Amstrad-era models count? Does the em@iler count? In my view the Vegas are Spectrums. The only thing they can run is Spectrum software and both Clive and Rick (on the Vega+) were involved.

2) Fair enough, but my observation stands.

3) No offense taken. I'm not interested in the SpecNext. I was involved in the development of ULAplus, but I don't hold the rights to it anymore and I've moved on to other projects. On the other hand, lately it's having a bit of a renaissance so I'm sure people will appreciate the coverage in future annuals.

4) That's a fair point. I just think it's a shame the Uno, which is a fantastic device, doesn't get more coverage.
«Dime con quién andas, y te diré quién eres» — Cervantes

Responder