Nueva BBS Sinclair

Subforo oficial del Sinclair QL: realiza aquí las consultas relativas a tu QL.

Moderador: Sir Cilve Sinclair

Responder
ranma_simon
rst 0
Contactar:

Nueva BBS Sinclair

Mensaje por ranma_simon » Dom Oct 02, 2016 9:24 pm

Hi to all folks!

I'm proud to advice you all that I'm' online with a Sinclair BBS that is reachable via Telnet or via QTPI on the QL (with TCP/SER support on a PC and a serial cable).

The telnet address is:

telnet://retrobbs.sinclair.homepc.it

For now is ready for a General Chat on Fsxnet, local and inter chat with other BBS of the Mystic group but soon will have some special Sinclair thing on it and can be connected to Efnet and Retronet channels where all Retro fans are in contact!

Is in daily update, now is stable but I need to add more features that I've seen in other modern BBS.

Enjoy it!!!

Best regards from a QL
--Simon

ranma_simon
rst 0
Contactar:

Re: Nueva BBS Sinclair

Mensaje por ranma_simon » Dom Nov 20, 2016 7:21 pm

Updates:

http://telnetbbsguide.com/bbs/sinclair-retro-bbs/

New features added in the last month like:

a) Linux applications operable via Sinclair Machines (Calendar, Calculator, network analyzer, the ARPANET)

b) such FXnet newsgroups, Usenet (with the legendary COMP.SYS.SINCLAIR) and active Retronet for messages both in reception and sending customized per user

c) Inter chat that allows you to connect all of the Mystic BBS group and chat with them as well as see which users of each BBS is connected or not to the system in real time

d) text-based Web browser that allows your to be able to surf the internet Retro Machines

e) Electronic Mail: dedicated box BBS connected with Italian and English Mailing list Sinclair with the possibility of user response with the BBS

f) IRC finally available and connected directly to QLFORUM English channel

g) Feeds associated with Italian ML and our project Preservation QL

h) over 32,000 files available for our beloved (for still being tested right now, are not enabled downloads for copyright reasons and material selection)

Other interesting features are in development.

You connect with the Linux terminal or Mac via telnet or via the web directly clicckando the above link.

With Windows, you can download TeraTerm which is a great free terminal and log on by typing the address and selecting the standard Telnet port 23 connection.

For connect it directly via a Sinclair machine please watch my video here (in Italian from now):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvgtBJeej9M&t=83s

We are waiting, even just to say hello or comment.

Good Retro passion at all !!!
--Simon

Responder