Todo sobre la creación, diseño y programación de nuevo software para
nuestro Spectrum

Moderador: Sir Cilve Sinclair

Responder
andydansby
rst 0

Xelda

Mensaje por andydansby » Dom Jul 16, 2017 5:15 pm

After many months of development, I am working on my final dungeon for the Zelda tribute game. It is written in the MK2 engine and is rather large at 180 playable screens and lots of puzzles. I've still have enemy placements and music to add, but it's pretty close to completion on the actual game play itself.

From what I've seen, this is the largest script made for a MK2 game with close to 8k lines of script (it will be over 8k when I am finished with the dungeon). I will keep everyone posted with further updates.

I would like to say that the MK2 engine is rather robust with quite a few possibilities. If you are interested in developing a game, this is certainly a good engine to work with.

Take care
Andy Dansby

Ivanzx
Nonamed
Contactar:

Re: Xelda

Mensaje por Ivanzx » Mar Jul 18, 2017 10:50 pm

I am really looking forward to seeing it finished!

Thanks for sharing your progress and tips which can be useful for other programmers :)

xdios
rst 0
Contactar:

Mensaje por xdios » Vie Jul 21, 2017 11:43 pm

Go Andy go! :D

Really impressive that lot of script lines. No doubt it is going to be a complex game.
Te espero como @patmorita en Twitter

andydansby
rst 0

Mensaje por andydansby » Jue Ago 10, 2017 12:59 am

Getting just a little bit closer

https://youtu.be/LlSXyki7pfQ

enjoy

Andy Dansby

Ivanzx
Nonamed
Contactar:

Mensaje por Ivanzx » Lun Ago 14, 2017 9:51 pm

andydansby escribió:Getting just a little bit closer

enjoy

Andy Dansby
Good rendition of the Zelda theme!

How long until released?? :)

andydansby
rst 0

Mensaje por andydansby » Mar Ago 15, 2017 10:00 pm

Ivanzx escribió:
andydansby escribió:Getting just a little bit closer

enjoy

Andy Dansby
Good rendition of the Zelda theme!

How long until released?? :)
I'm hoping with the next couple of months. I have to finish the music, which goes rather slow, draw the sprites, some of which are going to be ripped from Zelda and others will have to be drawn or ripped from other games. Next, I need to do enemy placement which will be a bit time consuming, but not horribly difficult. Finally, write up a quick manual.

I'm hoping I can get this all done in 2 months or so.

Soon, however, I want to invite others to do some play testing on the game to help find bugs. When play testing it will still be an unfinished game (enemy placement and sprite design). The game logic is already done (for the most part).

The game tops out at 180 playable screens and a number of screens which are the insides of houses which I don't include in the playable screens, so it's a rather good sized game.

It will all eventually be open sourced and commented (once I find some additional time). It's written in the MK2 engine and is mostly script. The concept is to let other people write additional sequels and reference my script to see how the game is written logically. Also with other eyes and brains come additional ideas which will improve on any additional sequels.

Andy Dansby

chernandezba
Sabreman

Mensaje por chernandezba » Mar Ago 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Great job! Thanks!
andydansby escribió:
Soon, however, I want to invite others to do some play testing on the game to help find bugs. When play testing it will still be an unfinished game (enemy placement and sprite design). The game logic is already done (for the most part).
Is there any downloadable demo to test? ;)
----

ZEsarUX
ZX Second-Emulator And Released for UniX
https://github.com/chernandezba/zesarux

andydansby
rst 0

Mensaje por andydansby » Jue Ago 24, 2017 2:44 am

chernandezba escribió:Great job! Thanks!
andydansby escribió:
Is there any downloadable demo to test? ;)
Not yet, working on music right now. I'm want to have 1 decent tune per level which is a bit time consuming, I am using an auto-composer since I am musically challenged, even then it's taking some time to find the right tune. Then I will formulate 2 versions for each song. One a bit more energetic for when there are monsters on the screen, and the other a bit more relaxed. I also want to compose one that had a bit of a mystery sound to it when you encounter puzzles. I obviously want to try to do this solo as it's a challenge and I find it an interesting process.

In retrospect, I should have created a blog of my process, not just to pat myself on the back, but to share with others the process I am working through and to make notes to myself. It should come clear to others once I have posted the source code.

Andy Dansby

hikoki
Freddy Hardest

Mensaje por hikoki » Jue Ago 24, 2017 4:37 pm

WYZ supports midi pianos. Would this cheap usb midi piano work to load .midi files from the pc and thus allowing them to be imported into The WYZ tracker?
The idea would be using one of these apps like Scorecloud.com that generate .midi from your sung voice. Then put in this .midi into WYZ via the midi piano. Compose by singing without knowing music!
By the way, procedural music sounds great also for the challenged trotamusicians :mrgreen:

Edit:

How to load midi files into keyboards
Is there an affordable keyboard like these and compatible with WYZ?

andydansby
rst 0

Mensaje por andydansby » Mié Sep 06, 2017 1:32 pm

Within the next few days, I will open Xelda to a private beta test to anyone who wants to perform testing and any bug reporting. This version will not have many of the enemies in place and the ones in place are purely for testing.

Also during the beta test, if you want to help improve on the Graphics or help with Sprite design for the enemies, I can send details on the requirements. Looking for good 16x16 sprites on spiders and scorpions also as well as good general design on other monsters / enemies.

Send me a message if you would like to participate. The game is english only for now, but a future spanish version will be released afterwards (would need help with translation).

Thanks
Andy Dansby

andydansby
rst 0

Mensaje por andydansby » Sab Oct 14, 2017 10:52 pm

I am now opening the Xelda up for private beta.

I am also looking for someone to assist with translations to Spanish. I, of course, only speak english, I could use google translate, but sometimes that does not go as well as expected.

Send me a message if you are interested in either. If you have a Facebook account, send me a PM via spectrum4ever or spectrum for everyone, I'm also a member of the ZX Uno group, or you can search for me, andy dansby.

andy

bolivar2k
rst 0

Mensaje por bolivar2k » Mié Oct 18, 2017 8:41 am

I'm interested in helping you with the translation into Spanish.

Responder