nuestro Spectrum

Moderador: Sir Cilve Sinclair

Responder
cheveron
Manic Miner
Contactar:

Use PLAY without 128 BASIC

Mensaje por cheveron » Dom Oct 13, 2013 2:17 am

Here's a program I wrote called SoftPLAY: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/156 ... ftPLAY.tap

Now you can use the PLAY command with a 48K and an external AY expansion, or in USR0 mode, say for use with the divIDE or SpectraNet.

I've written a little channel driver that replicates a bug-fixed version of the ROM command in RAM. The timing values may be a little off as my code runs faster than the ROM version. The click gaps you hear on the original 128 are a bug and shouldn't be there. Tunes sound better with my version.

To use it CLEAR 63239 then import the binary at 63240. To set up the channel, RANDOMIZE USR 63240. You only need to do that once. Then you can use PRINT #8; in place of the PLAY command.

Hisoft BASIC might even compile it. Haven't tried.

Enjoy!
Última edición por cheveron el Dom Oct 13, 2013 6:12 pm, editado 1 vez en total.
«Dime con quién andas, y te diré quién eres» — Cervantes

mcleod_ideafix
Johnny Jones
Contactar:

Re: Use PLAY without 128 BASIC

Mensaje por mcleod_ideafix » Dom Oct 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Yay! Thanks! A neat addition for the ULAplus replacement, which as you know, adds an AY-3-8912 core inside it :)
Web: ZX Projects | Twitter: @zxprojects

cheveron
Manic Miner
Contactar:

Mensaje por cheveron » Dom Oct 13, 2013 6:13 pm

mcleod_ideafix escribió:Yay! Thanks! A neat addition for the ULAplus replacement, which as you know, adds an AY-3-8912 core inside it :)

I think you're still better off using SE Basic which has the SOUND command as well as a series of ULAplus commands. I find PLAY really inflexible, but it's useful for being able to use existing programs without 128 BASIC.

cheveron
Manic Miner
Contactar:

Mensaje por cheveron » Jue Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am

Responder